Current Affairs For Sarkari Naukri Preparation 30th July 2017
Global Tiger Day : 29 July
- ‘International Tiger Day’ is celebrated every year on 29th July. This year’s International Tiger Day was celebrated with the slogan ‘Fresh Ecology For Tigers’ Protection’.
- The conference of the heads of 13 countries – where tigers are available – held at Saint Petersburg of Russia in 2010 took the decision to mark the world tiger day on July 29 every year.
- The goal of the day is to promote a global system for protecting the natural habitats of tigers and to raise public awareness and support for tiger conservation issues.
BRICS National Security Advisors meeting 2017 : China
- 2017 BRICS National Security Advisors (NSAs) meeting was held in Beijing, China.
- National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval represented India at this meeting.
- This meeting is a major platform for Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa 2017 BRICS National Security Advisors (NSAs) meeting held in China(BRICS) countries to discuss and conduct cooperation in politics and security fields.
- Discussions were held on topics including global governance, anti-terrorism, internet security and energy security, as well as major international and regional hotspot issues.
SAARC Artists Camp & Exhibition of Paintings begins in Nepal
- The 7th edition of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Artists Camp and Exhibition of Paintings has begun at Kathmandu on 28th of July 2017.
- Minister for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation of Nepal, Jitendra Narayan Devhas inaugurated the event.
- The event is aimed to bring art and culture of member countries together.
Maharashtra’s women commission to ink pact with UNDP
- Maharashtra’s women commission inked an agreement with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) for rescue and rehabilitation of women who are victims of sex trafficking, acid attack and domestic violence.
- Chairperson of the Maharashtra State Commission for Women (MSCW) is Vijaya Rahatkar.
Points to Remember
- About UNDP
- Headquarters: New York City
- Head: Achim Steiner
Delhi Metro first to become 100% ‘green’
- Delhi Metro has become the only completely ‘green’ Metro system in the world for adhering to green building norms for its residential colonies
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) had earlier received the green certificates for its Phase-3 stations, depots, and sub-stations.
- DMRC is now generating 20 megawatts (MW) of solar power, after adding new solar power facilities that produce 2.6 MW across the Metro network.
- The DMRC mentioned ‘Swachh Chetna – An Eco Club’, a joint initiative of the DMRC and Shri Ram School, Gurugram, for its efforts to “encourage school children to participate in the more environment-friendly projects and activities”.
Muntra, country’s first unmanned tank
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed an unmanned, remotely operated tank which has three variants – surveillance, mine detection and reconnaissance in areas with nuclear and bio threats. It is called Muntra.
- The two remotely operated vehicles designed like an armoured tank were on display at an exhibition – Science for Soldiers -organised by DRDO as a tribute to former President APJ Abdul Kalam at Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment (CVRDe) in Avadi.
- Muntra-S is the country’s first tracked unmanned ground vehicle developed for unmanned surveillance missions while Muntra-M is for detecting mines and Muntra-N is for operation in areas where there is a nuclear radiation or bio weapon risk.
IOB goes live with Bharat Bill Payment system
- Public sector Indian Overseas Bank has offered Bharat Bill Payment System, introduced by the National Payments Corporation of India, for its customers.
- BBPS is an integrated bill payment system that offers inter-operable online bill payments to customers.
- The services incude online payments of electricity, telecommunication, DTH, water and gas bills, the Chennai headquartered bank.
- Indian Overseas Bank is one of the three public sector banks (apart from Bank of Baroda and Union Bank of India) to get the approval from RBI for providing the service.
Points to Remember
- Founded:10 February 1937
- Headquarters: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- MD & CEO: R. Subramania Kumar
- IOB Tagline: Good People to Grow With
JhulanGoswami felicitated by Mohun Bagan at their annual awards ceremony
- Kolkata-based football club Mohun Bagan will confer former club captain and coach Subrata Bhattacharya with the prestigious Mohun Bagan Ratna award.
- India Women’s cricket team veteran pacer Jhulan Goswami will be given a special award at the club’s annual day programme in Kolkata.
Other Awardees at Mohun Bagan Annual Awards Ceremony:
- Best Youth Football Player – Deep Saha
- Special Award for Mountaineer’s – Sheikh Sahabuddin and Kuntal Karar
- Birth Centenary Award – Late Dinanath Roy
- Special Award for Athletics – Lili Das
India finishes sixth in world junior squash
- India finished 6th in the girl’s team event of the 2017 WSF-World junior squash .
- World Junior Squash held in Tauranga, New Zealand.
- In the match for the 5th-6th positions, India went down to USA 1-2.
- In the 2015 edition held in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, India had ended up in the 8th place.